- Performed geological/geotechnical characterization and construction excavatability in coralline/basaltic/fill subsurface conditions for proposed several miles of sewer infrastructure in Pago Pago area, Tutuila Island, American Samoa.
- Court-Appointed Expert, advised on geological engineering aspects of lava tube cave stability. Had the primary role in retrieval of the Forbes Collection, 83 Hawaiian cultural artifacts, sealed by rock and concrete barriers within the caves.
- At the Lihir gold mine, Papua New Guinea, consulted on overall geologic hazards associated with ongoing and planned pit expansions. Performed Terrain Hazard Assessment based on an airborne LiDAR survey. In addition, consulted on use of GPS-based systems for monitoring mine wall and ore stockpile stability.
- At the Ok Tedi Mine in Western Province, Papua New Guinea, was the Field Project Manager and principal geo-professional of a 70-man crew providing comprehensive geotechnical services for the design-build contractor, Bechtel/Morrison-Knudsen JV. Project was the largest geotechnical services project in Australasia up to that time. Provided comprehensive geological and geotechnical data necessary for design and construction of the Ok Tedi mine and infrastructure.
- At the Syncrude oil sands mine near Fort McMurray, Alberta, evaluated the geotechnical suitability for stable working surfaces on fluvial and glacial overburden soils and oil sands for draglines, tar sand stockpiles, bucket wheel excavators and conveyor systems. Developed engineering geology maps of overburden soils. Developed simplified maps for earthwork contractors showing usability characteristics of overburden soil.
- Performed geotechnical and engineering geology investigations for individual structures and complexes; apartment buildings, hotels, radio towers, hospitals, condominium developments, water tanks, and sub-divisions in Hawaii; San Francisco Bay Area and Vancouver, BC.
- Performed site characterizations and plate bearing test program for large stockpiles at proposed Channel Tunnel concrete batch plant, Isle of Grain, Kent, United Kingdom.
- Performed on-site geotechnical and geological characterizations for proposed temporary oil transfer facility at Taheri, Persian Gulf, Iran.