- Investigated the geological engineering and geotechnical engineering causes of a major landslide that threatened the tailings dam at the Golden Cross gold mine near Waihi, North Island of New Zealand. Testified at deposition for plaintiff; case settled prior to trial.
- Investigated several landslides and debris flows caused by heavy rainfalls during the El Niño winter of 1997/1998 that damaged private and public property in Oakland, Santa Cruz, and San Bruno, California.
- Investigated the Las Flores landslide in Malibu, California, and its effect and interaction with private property adjacent Las Flores Creek. Testified at deposition for defendant; case settled prior to trial.
- Investigated a landslide in Laguna Beach, California that damaged private property. Testified before Court-Appointed Technical Reviewers.
- Investigated claim from apartment owners at a building in San Francisco that rock falls from adjacent steep and high rock slopes had, and could, damage their property. Testified at deposition for defendant; case settled prior to trial.
- Investigated cause of injurious collapse of Aggregate Base Course stockpile at limestone quarry in North Carolina. Testified at deposition for defendant; case settled prior to trial.